*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902432-JAN-17--Class-Reunions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2101444
A brief discussion of my experiences with being a Rising Star Nominee.
#902432 added January 17, 2017 at 9:10am
Restrictions: None
JAN 17--Class Reunions
Written for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS Prompt: What's your opinion on high school reunions? Have you gone to any? Why (or why not)?

Okay, I've decided to get more creative with my blog and use some color and fonts. You're welcome. *Bigsmile*

I wasn't particularly popular in school... pretty far down the totem pole, but I had a couple of good friends. I've been to most of my reunions and am happy to say that people were a lot nicer to me there than they were in high school. I actually have a number of folks on Facebook who have been VERY encouraging to me who wouldn't have given me the time of day growing up...or were outright mean to me. I'm glad most of them matured and became decent people.

In fact, I don't think it was actually AT the reunion, I think it was just before hand, but maybe I'm wrong, I can't recall exactly but somehow in relation to the reunion one popular jock actually contacted and apologized to the kid who grew up across from me, telling him that he had been immature and horrible and he deeply regretted how he treated my neighbor. That impressed me!

Another interesting thing about the reunions I've been to, one very unpopular girl is now usually a part of the planning committee and quite social on Fb and the popular people seem to accept this. She's still unattractive, odd, poor, and even more overweight, but they seem to be able to see her heart. I respect that. There have been a few people who were even FARTHER down the totem pole than me that I wanted to see and encourage at the reunions, but most of them have ever shown up. I can't say I blame them.

Not exactly related to a class reunion, but funny story in junior high school, a popular girl was running for Class President or something and came up to me ask told me to vote for her. I said, "No way! You're mean to me!" She just stared at me for a second, then walked away. But I will say, she was never mean to me again. She wasn't exactly nice, but sometimes being ignored is better. lol

Here's our senior year song...or the theme of senior prom or something, I forget. Good grief! What our parents and teachers had to put up with! lol





** Image ID #2100707 Unavailable ** Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

© Copyright 2017 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902432-JAN-17--Class-Reunions