*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902836-Sinful-Flesh
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#902836 added January 21, 2017 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
Sinful Flesh
** Image ID #2109513 Unavailable **

How many of us can say we have never sinned? In fact, how many of us in all honesty can say we have committed no sins in the last thirty seconds? The truth is that none of us can make either if these claims! It may seem a bit strong to say that none of us can say that we have not committed any sins even in the last thirty seconds but when we unpack it we find that it isn't strange at all. In fact is's absolutely status quo!

First of all we want to look at what the Bible considers to be sin. John tells us " Whoever sins is guilty of breaking God's law, because sin is the breaking of the law," 1 John 3: 4

James clarifies this by saying "Whoever breaks one commandment is guilty of breaking them all,: James 2: 20.

If we break even one commandment of God we're guilty of breaking every commandment. They are a package deal. Therefore the person who is guilty of gossip is equally guilty of murder. God sees itall under one umbrella. That umbrella is sin. He doesn't see the individual sins like we do. He sees guilt or lack of guilt and nothing more. That's the beauty of Christianity. When Jesus died on the cross He made it possible for every person on Earth to be declared "not guilty" by the virtue of His blood. Once we are covered in the blood we are declared once and forever more "not guilty" of sin. Does this mean we quit sin and live spotless, sin free lives? Far from it! It does mean however that the guilt of sin is forever removed from us. All too often we allow Satan to beat us over the head for being human. Human beings sin.That's what we do best. Satan wants to kill, steal, and destroy. He wants to kill our joy, steal our peace, and destroy our faith. If he does so it's because we let him. We are all sinners. Never once in the Bible does it tell us that we have to be perfect. Jesus never told anybody that they had to live sin free lives. The closest we could come to saying he did is John 8: 11 where He is talking to the woman caught red-handed committing adultery. At the end of His interaction with her He says "Go and sin no more."

Now many would take away from that that He was telling her to go and live a life of absolute perfection like He did. This was not the case. He was merely telling her to go and commit adultery no more.One of the characteristics of humans is that we tend to read more into scripture than is actually there. Stating that Jesus told this woman to never commit any sin of any kind would be a gross overstatement. Jesus has never asked anybody to do anything they were incapable of doing.

This is not to say that people cannot be victorious with God's help. With God anything is possible. However God's word says in so many places that the flesh is sinful. A good example is Roman's 8: 3. As long as we are in these bodies we will continue to sin. Let us strive not to sin and thank God for the blood of Christ, which removes the stain and guilt of our sin.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902836-Sinful-Flesh