*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903279-Fun-Fact-Friday-My-Favorite-Childhood-Television-Shows
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#903279 added January 27, 2017 at 8:42am
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: My Favorite Childhood Television Shows
Friday, January 27, 2017

“Play is the work of children. It's very serious stuff.”
Bob Keeshan

The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
On this day in 1926 a Scottish inventor named John Baird demonstrated a pictorial transmission machine called the television. Do you remember seeing your first television...the one your parents had when you were a kid? What were some of your favorite shows? Do you still watch any of the old programs you enjoyed as a teenager?

The first television set saw was the black and white T.V. that was in my Grandparents' living room. The T.V. set in a corner on the east side of the room. To the right of the set was the winter stove. There was a window in the north wall, my grandfather's recliner side on the west side of the room in front of the Victrola and along the north wall was a couch. In the southwest corner of the room, next to the couch, was the door (which we seldom used) leading to the front yard. We always entered and exited the house through the kitchen door.


Three of my favorite shows was Captain Kangaroo, Howdy Doody, and Mickey Mouse. I haven't watched any of the episodes of those shows yet. I will watch some of the episodes online this year because I can access them through YouTube.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903279-Fun-Fact-Friday-My-Favorite-Childhood-Television-Shows