*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905441-February-24-2017
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2107081
You're not ready for the truth. Then again, you probably never will be.
#905441 added February 25, 2017 at 1:51am
Restrictions: None
February 24, 2017
Family Relationships


If any of you have read my stories, especially my Science Fiction ones, you probably notice that I write male or female instead of man or woman, lady or gentleman, or boy or girl. That’s because the rest of the universe doesn’t call them that. There are a lot that is similar. But they the same.

That’s also true when it comes to family relationships. We call them brothers and sister, stepbrother and stepsister, or siblings, etc. But the rest of the universe doesn’t call them that. A lot call them male or female family members, but most just call them by their names.

The same is true when it comes to parents. We call them our parents, mother or father, mom(my) or dad(dy), etc. But once again the rest of the universe doesn’t. On most planets or civilization, they are called adult male or female. And the children, kids, aren’t called sons and daughters. They are referred to as young ones and younger ones. Most planets call them by their names. That’s true when it comes to the adults in the family too. If the planet uses names, everyone does.

Even the term family isn’t used. Almost all have similar terminology. But it’s not the same. Most are too hard to understand without explaining it. That’s why I use the word family in most of my stories. It’s a lot easier than trying to explain it. Besides, I usually have a Word Count limitation. I try to use the terminology associated with the planet, spaceship, civilization, etc. But sometimes it’s too complicated to use without a lengthy explanation.

Last but not least, are last names. We aren’t exactly unique in that area. But there aren’t too many planets or civilizations out there that do use them. Most only have the first name. A lot have two or three first names. There are even some combine names from two, a few three, names into one. Capitalization disconnects them. I am working on one of those right now for my Novel challenge coming up in a few months.

© Copyright 2017 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905441-February-24-2017