*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905608-Contemplating-the-Cosmos-or-Fixating-on-the-Same
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#905608 added February 27, 2017 at 7:19pm
Restrictions: None
Contemplating the Cosmos or Fixating on the Same
Blog City - Day 1083

Prompt: β€œOur minds are big enough to contemplate the cosmos but small enough to care about who wins an Oscar,” said Dean Cavanagh.
What do you think about the Oscars and what role has the Academy Awards played in your life this year or at any other time?


Our minds are big enough to contemplate the cosmos, but.... many of use chose to wallow in the pettiness of who was wearing what at the Oscars. Last year had the big hoopla was about Blacks not having enough representation at the Oscars - there was one film that should have been nominated but wasn't - Collateral Beauty, I believe it was. Though I sometimes wonder why some movies are nominated and others are not. Most of the nominees I have no interest in ever seeing as they seem boring. Some are just plain skanky - like anything with Seth Rogan or Will Ferrell (those two give me the creeps) - and it makes sense they are not nominated, but Collateral Beauty looked pretty good. Odd.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/oscars-2016-boycott-a-timeline-of-...

This year was dynamically different in that area. Hidden Figures, Fences and Moonlight.... as well as Lion. Definitely good representation this year... wonder if that has anything to do with snubbing T**rump. I had to chuckle sadly that the winner of best foreign film, from Iran, did not even come to get their award because they were boycotting the Ban. Sad, really, as this was their year to shine and T**rump crapped on that too.

Last year also have a lot of issues of sexist interview questions - asking woman how they manage to work and raise a family, but their husbands, also actors, were not asked those similar questions - inequality was the going concern last year.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-red-carpet-2015-battle-775698

This year... hmmm... maybe the mixup of La La Land getting Picture of the Year and than realizing it was supposed to go to Moonlight - from white to black. I am glad Moonlight won, but I feel a little bad that they missed the full hype because of the mixup. Still if I had to chose... I would have picked Hidden Figures. But nobody's asking me.

http://time.com/4683641/oscars-2017-best-picture-mistake-moonlight-la-la-land/

So, as you can see I have ranted on about nothing in particular... all when I should be contemplating how to ace my LTO list interview which is Thursday. It may not be the cosmos, but it is dealing with teaching and the molding of young minds - another step closer to getting a teaching job. That needs to take priority... but I may have to take a break to watch The Bachelor. Yes, I admit it, I am hooked. I sooooo want Corinne to gooooo!
Okay, enough... back to prepping for my interview.

© Copyright 2017 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905608-Contemplating-the-Cosmos-or-Fixating-on-the-Same