*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905671-Difficult-Emotions-and-Family-Secrets
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#905671 added February 28, 2017 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
Difficult Emotions and Family Secrets
Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Family secrets
and difficulty emotions:
dysfunctional family.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1084
What happens when we deny our difficult emotions, at least the ones we think are difficult to face? What are your thoughts on this subject?

What happens when we deny our difficult emotions? My definition of a difficult emotions is one that I have problems facing. Paranoia is one of the symptoms indicating a person isn't facing a difficult emotions. Another symptom is alcoholism. Both of these are worst case scenarios that can and do happen when someone who either can't or won't confront a difficult emotions. In addition the person becomes an enabler encouraging others to bury the emotions and the events that led up to them.


How do you deal with difficult emotions? Each individual has to find his or her own method of dealing with these emotions. One method is to talk about it with someone you trust. The problem is finding someone you trust. Sometimes a spiritual adviser will help. Sometimes a psychiatrist is a good idea. Sometimes joining a support group that confronts similar problems will help. One thing that is sure to help everyone is to keep a personal journal. If you want to make sure no one sees the journal then make it handwritten with a key or use a password protected online journal and change the password regularly.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905671-Difficult-Emotions-and-Family-Secrets