*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906691-I-Hope-You-Dance
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#906691 added March 13, 2017 at 11:33am
Restrictions: None
I Hope You Dance
Blog City - Day 1096

Prompt:
“Dance, when you’re broken open.
Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance when you’re perfectly free.”

Rumi


What do you make of this quote? What does Rumi mean when he says, “dance”?


Fabulous prompt!!!

My first thought in reading this quote had me immediately thinking of Lee Ann Womack's song I Hope You Dance. 'Dancing' is stepping out onto the dancefloor of life and expressing your true self. Not being afraid to go out there and just be yourself, living your life. I feel I have been sitting on the sidelines of life for too long... letting others dictate my path. It is my time to step up and dance. Through off the chains of fear and uncertainty and just experience the pleasure that comes from being who your really are...

Rumi may be deep, but his words express this same idea. Being who you are is the essence of what you are... it is your life's purpose. Dancing will move you towards being truly free. It will move your beyond the fear and the brokenness you have let trap you and hold you back. Break yourself open - be free of the past that has bound you. Tear the bandage off and let the air finish healing you. You can't heal properly if you keep things covered and protected. Step up and fight for your right to exist. We all matter. Don't let anyone try to put you in their box for you - that is crippling. Fight and break out. It may be bloody and messy, but if that situation cramps you, then it is not where you need to be... move on. Fell the fear, but do it anyway. Your life depends on it... and then you will be truly fee. Dance is your life. Show the world what you got and don't hold anything back. It's the music of your life. It's your dance. Let it illuminate you. Shine on!



Lyrics by Lee Ann Womack
I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances, but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake, but it's worth makin'
Don't let some Hellbent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out, reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance


Full lyrics: https://play.google.com/music/preview/Tkurw2slxxs6vw4u37vbhv2xi5m?lyrics=1&utm_s...

I am currently reading A Year with Rumi: Daily Readings. I do hope this poem is in there; because it is a wonderful one.


© Copyright 2017 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906691-I-Hope-You-Dance