*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907204-Respect-black-hole-and-again-Africa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#907204 added March 20, 2017 at 4:10am
Restrictions: None
Respect, black hole and again Africa
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Motivational Monday! Actor/Podcaster Michael Rapaport, born on this day in 1970, once said: "I think if you go into something looking at people as better than you if you give people too much respect, I don't think it benefits you or them." What's your take on this perspective? Have you ever been in a position where someone you've really looked up to has expressed admiration of your work as a writer?

People can be better than me at writing, for example. I think you can never show people enough respect. That doesn’t mean, though, you think of yourself as less. This quote suggests that you somehow crawl at their feet and be dismissive. I think that is nonsense. You pay respect because they are better at what they do, knowing you are strong and worthy yourself. So, I don’t agree with the quote.

The second part of the prompt is easy. I find myself daily in this position. Most writers I learned to admire at this site are better writers than I am, in a way I look up to them all. And some of them have expressed their admiration of my work in reviews or adwardicons and merit badges. When that happens I am over the moon. Furthermore, the fact that I have been chosen to join The Rising Stars Program 2016-2017 has filled me with joy. And now I am a Quill nominee in three categories. I think that is awesome as well, and a boost! *Smile*



*Right*Prompt: Totally different from the scientific and cosmic black holes, imagine your very own, fictional black hole. What would it be like? Describe it or use it in a flash fiction story or poem if you wish. (BC)

A black hole of my own would be a place where my Muse would be paralyzed and not in good shape so she didn’t function properly. I would have another writer’s block. It would be a very dark and gloomy place where all energy is sucked in. I imagine sort of a cave in the middle of nowhere and me on my own sitting in the dark, desperate, depressed and cold. It would be hell. I would not be able to write, to express myself or to be part of this community. I would be cut off from life as I know it. Sometimes, I dread this black hole. It is definitely a place I don’t want to be in.



*Right*Prompt: Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss. Use this quote to inspire today's entry. Write a story, a poem, or your opinion.(BCoFs)

This reminds me of an entry I wrote a few days back. I was struck very much by this ad for Save the Children where an African child was looking into the camera with beautiful but sorrowful eyes. Again this was about famine and the need to care and do something about it. And unless I care and a whole lot of others care and do something, nothing is going to change. Therefore I will show you again this ad. Because it breaks my heart.

We had elections the other day and I definitely voted for a party that felt its responsibility in caring a great deal more about developmental aid. I think it is time we in the West took more responsibility and worked more towards distributing food and knowledge to help and aid those countries in need. If those children were part of our society, we would be outraged. Now, they are far away in Africa.



Save the Children.org  

Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907204-Respect-black-hole-and-again-Africa