*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907342-Group-flowers-and-spring
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#907342 added March 22, 2017 at 3:52am
Restrictions: None
Group, flowers, and spring
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
War Chest Wednesday! Are you in any writing groups outside of WDC (like in your school or your community)? Have you/would you share blog entries in that group? How would you go about doing it, given the logistics of trying to share something that is on the internet in a physical group setting?

There is an American/English writer’s group active in our American Bookshop here in The Hague. They came together once a month. I think nowadays it is closed. I thought of joining. In April a writer’s festival is planned on the subject of ‘writing your memoir’. Since writing a blog or columns (as I recently started, see "Invalid Item has similarities with writing a memoir, I am going.

I would print some examples and take them with me. Perhaps, if I join a group like that, the best thing to do is to buy a tablet, so I could read aloud my entries or I could provide them with the link of my portfolio if they own a tablet or smartphone themselves.



*Right*Prompt: "Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day - like writing a poem or saying a prayer." What are your thoughts on this?(BC)

I agree with this quote. Arranging flowers is a great way to perform while doing Zazen. Zazen means sitting in Zen. Trying to be completely one with your task, while breathing in and out and letting go of all thoughts. Arranging flowers has this calming effect on me. But, of course, you can do anything in Zen. You can do the dishes in Zen; you can wash your car in Zen. It is all about complete focus and concentration on the task at hand and counting your breathing in and out.

It’s been a while since I arranged flowers. It’s been awhile since I did the dishes. *Blush* My kitchen is a mess again. Today I have to take care of the dishes! And perhaps buy some new flowers.



*Right*Prompt: "Each season has its own special blessings." What are some of the blessings of the season? Write about one or all four seasons. (BCoFs)

The best thing about spring is the weather and its effect on Nature and me. I love those early mornings in spring with the chirps of birds, the special light, and the warmth of the sun. Daffodils and all sorts of spring flowers outside, the new leaves in the trees, the birth of new life. There are hope and anticipation in the air. The start of yet another year in the cycle of life. My favorite season.


Petra & Arie

© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907342-Group-flowers-and-spring