*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907605-The-Sunday-News-Autonomous-Cars-and-Artificial-Intelligence
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#907605 added March 26, 2017 at 9:23pm
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News: Autonomous Cars and Artificial Intelligence
Sunday, March 26, 2017

 
STATIC
The Map  (18+)
Short Shots entry for March 2017
#2115143 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
This week, a self-driving car was involved in an accident   in Arizona. What are your thoughts on autonomous vehicles? Cool new tech of the future? Too many unknowns and variables to be considered safe? Or do you fall somewhere in the middle? Tell us what you think.

As a 70 year old woman, I can see numerous advantages to having an autonomous car. At the same time I can also see the disadvantages in this type of automobile. The biggest problem I can visualize is other drivers. People, human beings, are know to do stupid and irresponsible things when they drive. Humans run stoplights or stop signs, they text or make phone calls when they drive, they make sudden turns without using a turn signal, and they drive under the influence of drugs and alcohol. How do you program an autonomous car to respond to the unexpected and random acts of a human who is driving on the same road as the autonomous car?


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1108
Do you think Artificial Intelligence will ever surpass human intelligence? Or has it already? With our reliance on digital assistants like Siri, Alexa, and Cortana, how far off are we from having them walking and acting in person rather than being part of our electronic devices?

Do I think Artificial Intelligence will surpass human intelligence? No because Artificial Intelligence isn't human intelligence. There is more to human intelligence then just the electronic connections between axon and dendrite. Human intelligence is composed of both intelligence quotient and emotional intelligence which means it goes beyond Artificial Intelligence. Science is still discovering things about the human mind and the universe that was unknown twenty or thirty years ago. I believe that human intelligence will continue to advance and as it advance Artificial Intelligence will advance because AI was created by human beings.



© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907605-The-Sunday-News-Autonomous-Cars-and-Artificial-Intelligence