*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907701-Motivational-Monday-The-Writing-Zone-and-Daydreaming
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#907701 added March 28, 2017 at 3:27pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: The Writing Zone and Daydreaming
Monday, March 27, 2017

Mourning Meds  (18+)
Inspiration Meds by Placebo
#2116550 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The Motivational Monday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Jazz singer Sarah Vaughan  , born on this day in 1924, once said, "When I sing, trouble can sit right on my shoulder and I don't even notice." What affect does writing have for you when trouble sits on your shoulder?

Writing in The Zone

When I'm writing in The Zone trouble could be pounding at my door and I wouldn't notice it. When I'm in The Writing Zone I write without worrying about anything not even the next word. In The Zone the words flow easily and quickly. When I am in The Zone my hot coffee can get cold or my ice tea can get hold. The only thing that exist is my muse in The Writing Zone. True I have to edit afterwards and sometimes I wonder what word I was attempting to spell because when I'm in The Zone I write without worrying about spelling. If I'm in The Zone when I write longhand I sometimes have difficulty reading my own writing, but eventually I figure it out.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1109
Do you think intentional daydreaming can help performance and achievement? And in what ways do intentional daydreaming and the mind's wandering differ from each other?

Daydream Believer

What is daydreaming? It's letting your muse float free on a fluffy white cloud. It's letting your mind wander through the canyons of your dreams looking for unicorns and leprechauns dancing under a rainbow. It's letting your soul stand awestruck in the fist light of day as the angels of morning paint the sky pink, lavender or scarlet as the sun rises above eastern mountains. Daydreams like prayer, meditation and reading the sacred scriptures are necessary items in a writer's tool kit. The biggest danger in daydreaming is your mind running away with your muse so fast that you can't write the ideas down.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1593
You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we’re doing it. ~ Neil Gaiman Use this quote as inspiration to write a story, poem, or anything you want.

Boredom, Daydreaming and Creativity

The bored mind wanders either in non-creative worrying or creative daydreaming. Sometimes meditation, focusing on the moment or an object helps, but not always. If you're bored and you look up at the clouds you will begin to see shapes. If a poet is bored he/she will write a poem about the clouds. If a novelist is bored then the clouds may end up in a novel as part of the descriptions or a way to show the protagonist or antagonist thought process. In creative individuals boredom encourages creativity while in non-creative person boredom encourages worrying. In a person who is creative with a tendency toward depression then boredom can encourage both worry and creativity.



© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907701-Motivational-Monday-The-Writing-Zone-and-Daydreaming