*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907810-Rant-on-Clothes-and-various-subject-of-Freedom
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#907810 added March 28, 2017 at 4:15pm
Restrictions: None
Rant on Clothes and various subject of Freedom
Tuesday, March 28, 2017

I've already written one rant today in "Information Overload and I'm fairly sure this is going to be another one. So if you don't like reading rants then I suggest you back out of this entry or check some of my earlier entries in "Melting Snow or "Snow Scribbles which has short stories and poem inspired by various prompts.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1110
Recently, women wore ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ robes during their protest at Texas Senate.
http://www.signature-reads.com/2017/03/women-wear-handmaids-tale-robes-to-protes...
For what reasons, do you think, clothing can communicate certain ideas for different occasions, and why do we humans resort to using clothing to send a message?

I'm not precisely where to start on this one. Therefore I will state my belief about when an embryo becomes a human. I believe that human life begins at conception. This doesn't mean that I'm opposed to all abortions. If a woman's health is in danger then there are grounds for abortion and, even then, the decision should be left up to the couple involved. No legislator and no religious leader has the right to stick their noses into a decision that is difficult enough to begin with. Condemning anyone for a decision that is made in their personal life steals the freedom of every woman, man, and child in this country.


One of the corner stones of America is religious freedom. Simply because all our founding fathers were Christian doesn't mean legislators have the right to discriminate anyone on the grounds of the personal religion of the legislators or people involved. I this happens then we'll end up like Germany under the Nazis or some of the middle Eastern countries that are putting Baha'is in prison, kicking Baha'i youth out of colleges or closing down their business. This is America! People here have the God given right to believe or not believe in any religion they chose. People also have the right to practice or not practice their religion in any way they want because that is between them and God. As for discriminating against LGBT students or any students is anti-American.

As for clothes, women have the right to wear or not wear any type of clothes they want during a protest. I remember going to New York in about 1992 or something like that. It was a cold morning. The temperature was below freezing. There were protesters from PETA demonstrating against wearing fur. The demonstrator were both male and female with none of them wearing clothes or anything to protect their sensitive parts from the cold. I thought it was interesting, but as far as I was concerned then and now they had the right to dress anyway they wanted during the protest. I don't think any of them were arrested; however, I don't know because I had more important things to deal with at the time.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907810-Rant-on-Clothes-and-various-subject-of-Freedom