*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909127-Faith-In-God-To-Weather-The-Storms-Of-Life
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#909127 added April 15, 2017 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Faith In God To Weather The Storms Of Life
Blog City - Day 1128

Lost Pathways--- if you found yourself on a road in the middle of nowhere with a storm approaching, how would you make your escape? What does the storm represent to you? What meaning does the road itself hold?

Why escape it? Why not experience it? I picture a long, quietly deserted highway. One where I can see for miles in any direction. There are mountains in the far distance and no sign of human habitation for miles. I can watch the storm brewing in the horizon, knowing that the flat landscape will not offer me any real protection from the elements, but it is a swelteringly hot day so the rain will be blessedly cool and refreshing even in its intensity. My only concern is keeping my books and laptop dry.... but my backpack is waterproof and my most precious of items are wrapped in plastic bags for the added protection. I am ready. Bring it on. I move off the highway so that my running shoes are on solid ground and I move forward, keeping my eye on the coming storm. The immensity is amazing. God's wonder at work. I am witness to this.

I watch lightening skirt and skitter across the darkened sky. The clouds roll and rain can be seen too fall off in the distance. There is a chance the storm will blow itself out before it reaches me, but still I worry that I will become some kind of lighting rod, alone and exposed. I look around for some spot that will offer some kind of protection, something that can take the brunt of a strike, but there is really nothing. So I pray. I thank God for the beauty and wonder of the storm, but I also pray that He will keep me safe in this Hands while I weather this storm.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-o1HqWcvpwik/VvlOf8VL9BI/AAAAAAAA24M/XJ6v0is-tV4y-e6LG...

The storm is one of the many challenges life throws at me and the road is my way in this world. There is no guarantee I will make it through this storm, but by putting my faith and trust in God to keep me safe, I will go forth and believe all will be as it should be.



© Copyright 2017 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909127-Faith-In-God-To-Weather-The-Storms-Of-Life