*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909571-Fashion--ice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#909571 added April 21, 2017 at 4:48am
Restrictions: None
Fashion & ice
*Right*“Thinking thought to be a body wearing language as clothing or language a body of thought which is a soul or body the clothing of a soul, she is veiled in silence,” Harryette Mullen
Write... exploring thoughts, experiences, and inspirations on the relationship between language and fashion. How does this influence your ideas on what a body is?(BCoFs)

Language and fashion…a relationship I have never thought about. Which is weird because fashion too makes a statement on who you are as a person. People choose clothing to feel comfortable in or to work in or to identify their true self. They both are tools for expression. Usually, they are congruent which means that the way somebody talks and the way somebody dresses are in one line. I had one experience years ago where a beautiful girl, dressed up really nice started talking and what came out of her mouth was such foul language and in such a horrid way it made your skin crawl. It was a real shocker.
But usually fashion and language both define your thoughts on the body of that person. You place somebody into some category based upon their ability to use language and the way they dress. Sometimes you make mistakes, for example when you look at a homeless person with shabby clothing on the street you often make the mistake they are not literate. If they suddenly speak out eloquently and civilized you are kind of surprised. That’s a wrong attitude of course, and it shows that first appearances are not always right.



*Right*Let's have some fun with fictional Friday. Write about a woman who literally has ice in her veins. Is it an ability or a handicap?(BC)

A woman with ice in her veins would be a very cold chick. She probably would not have had a warm personality. It would be a handicap of course, body temperature would drop immediately and she would be an ice queen in her thoughts and behavior. I cannot imagine a job or profession where it would be a benefit to have ice in your veins. She probably would die alone and cold and sudden, because it’s not a healthy state to be in. Maybe as Queen of the Underworld she would survive.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/909571-Fashion--ice