*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910148-Keep-Plugging-Away
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#910148 added April 30, 2017 at 11:12am
Restrictions: None
Keep Plugging Away
Sunday, April 30, 2017


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1143
When you've fallen behind on tasks, chores, or obligations, what's the easiest way for you to catch up or buy yourself some extra time?

Keep Plugging Away

The best way to catch up on anything is to just keep plugging away. The best way to purchase yourself some extra time is to prioritize the jobs and the tasks to complete each job. Both of those sentences are good advice which, when used in conjunction, allows a person to accomplish any given task. It's also advice that is very seldom heeded because getting behind causes panic. Panic sometimes causes procrastination which means getting further behind. Panic also seems to attract interruptions which cause a person to get further behind and pushes one into a viscous cycle that only makes the situation worse.


When you are behind
stop, take a deep breath, pray and
pour yourself a large coffee.

After you've poured yourself some coffee (tea or hot chocolate) sit down with a piece of paper and a pencil or pen. List the tasks to complete the project as A, B, and C priorities. Once this is accomplished then you're ready to get up and at the tasks. I know this method works, true it's not my normal approach; however, I've used this method enough to know it works.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910148-Keep-Plugging-Away