*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910424-Fear-graduation-and-reviewing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#910424 added May 4, 2017 at 7:48am
Restrictions: None
Fear, graduation and reviewing
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
What is one of your biggest fears, and how have you conquered it (or plan on conquering it, should you be faced with it later on)?

My biggest fear today is writing a comical piece for the Rising Stars Program. Deadline May 20. I am not funny at all and don’t know exactly how to tackle this assignment. Humor is such a delicate issue. I already did some research on the topic and got a good tip from a friend to turn an everyday mundane topic into something funny in a sketch. How to proceed I am not sure, but I try to let this float in my mind for the day and hopefully I come up with something. I have to put this assignment on top of my to-do-list every day for the next few weeks in order to tackle it. I can’t postpone like my original thought because procrastination will not help. I have to face it and try to write something funny. Wish me luck!



*Right*Prompt: What did you do the summer after high school?(BC)

It’s a very long time ago, but I think I just got my driver’s license after graduation and went on a holiday trip by car with my then-boyfriend. We went to Wales, England as I recall. A few weeks camping in England’s Nature. I love Great Britain; have not been visiting in a long while. Too bad because it’s one of the nicest countries I visited.



*Right*Let's discuss writing critiques or reviews. How do you handle giving or writing critiques in general? Is it more important to just give praise than to actually note what needs work? Or is more important to address what needs work and save the praise? Or do you try to balance both areas? Is it different doing it online like here in WDC then it is in real life where you are seeing the person face to face.(BCoFs)

I try to balance the review in writing about what I think can improve, and actual praise. But I try to give more praise than critique because I found that a lot of writers do react with difficulty if it is the other way around. Writers’ souls are very delicate. I think it’s easier online than face-to-face. But facing that writer also means you have more opportunities to explain what you mean. I think writers should be braver in taking in critique since it is never personal, but presumably always to better the writing. If you cannot stand it, don’t write at all.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910424-Fear-graduation-and-reviewing