*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910784-Nin-scars-and-an-incident
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#910784 added May 9, 2017 at 1:37pm
Restrictions: None
Nin, scars and an incident
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Talk Tuesday! Rather than the tired, boring "which famous person would you like to have dinner with" prompt, let's change it around a little...Which famous (but also non-chef and non-domestically focused individual) would you most like to prepare you a meal? Why that person, and what would you make them cook you? They will not be eating with you, but you will have to tell them what you think of the food.

Anais Nin, the Cuban writer, can cook me dinner. I would like her to cook something with a twist and prepare a quote of each dish with it. So I could learn the trade from her. She wrote a famous quote: We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are. I am curious as to how her cooking and quoting about it would turn out, telling something about her talent. Her journaling is famous! I am not sure what I want her to prepare, I would leave it up to her!



*Right*Prompt: “You don't pity a warrior for her scars because scars are proof of survival and victory.” Chloe Jacobs, Greta, and the Lost Army. What do you think scars are and how many kinds of them exist? (BC)

Scars are wounds in the psyche of a person that have healed but left a reminder so we can learn from it. There are millions of scars possible, every person with a certain age has them, they come with life and living.



*Right*Of course, everyone's parents are embarrassing. It goes with the territory. Think back to an embarrassing parent-child event from your past. Did the incident have further repercussions afterward? What does the situation reveal about your specific parent-child relationship?(BCoFs)

There is one incident I can recall when I was very young. I think about 7 or 8. I attended a nun’s school. I was walking through a corridor when a nun was approaching. When we passed each other there was an empty milk carton lying on the ground. The nun was cross at me for throwing it on the ground, but I refused to pick it up since I didn’t do it. I had to stay after school and my mom was there to talk to the nun about the incident. She didn’t stand up for me but was very cross and agreed with the nun I was at fault. Later at home, my father too was cross and they punished me. It was an example that they always stood behind the other party i.e. authorities and never behind me, their daughter. That hurt more than the punishment at the time.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910784-Nin-scars-and-an-incident