*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910819-Uncle-Frits-waiting-and-full-moon
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#910819 added May 17, 2017 at 4:17am
Restrictions: None
Uncle Frits, waiting and full moon
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Most families have sent a relative to fight in their country's wars. Indicate the relationship you had with a family member who went to war and what his/her going or returning meant to you as a child or as an adult, depending on the relationship.

I’ve had an uncle Frits, a younger brother of my mother. I think during her pregnancy of me the war in New Guinea was announced over and he could go home. While retracting from a field in that country he stepped on a booby trap and was killed immediately. I think he was 21 years old. I never knew him, but in retrospect, I think it affected the relationship with my mother significantly. She was mourning while pregnant.



*Right*Prompt: "There's nothing more tiring than waiting for something to happen." Cora Downton Abbey. Do you agree? What are your thoughts on this?(BC)

I totally agree. Waiting in anticipation is a killer. It drains strength and can paralyze you. It is best to just keep on living and be busy while waiting. But that’s not always easy. Waiting in Zen is best for me. That means active waiting, with open hands, an open heart and trying to do your thing in the meantime. Whatever happens happens, at its own pace. You can’t rush things.



*Right*Prompt: The May full moon is called the Flower Moon or Milk Moon. Write a poem or story about the Flower Moon or Milk Moon.(BCoFs)

I have never heard this expression before. So I had to look it up. http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2010/0526/What-is-a-milk-moon-anyway

Within 17 days this Milk Moon will occur at 7.07 pm. I love the full moon. It is mysterious and it gives the night an eerie sort of anticipation. The notion that anything can happen. Not necessarily ominous, although the full moon is a feature that can be used in horror fiction. It is an experience rather than an expression so I will try to look out the window at May 27/28, and write a poem then. It’s a date; I’ve put it on my calendar. *BigSmile*


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910819-Uncle-Frits-waiting-and-full-moon