*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910821-Blogging-Circle-of-Friends
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#910821 added May 10, 2017 at 2:39am
Restrictions: None
Blogging Circle of Friends
*Right*Writer's Block: “What I try to do is write. I may write for two weeks ‘the cat sat on the mat, that is that, not a rat.’ And it might be just the most boring and awful stuff. But I try. When I’m writing, I write. And then it’s as if the muse is convinced that I’m serious and says, ‘Okay. Okay. I’ll come.’” — Maya Angelou.
Is writing the best way to overcome writer's block? Do you have a method or ritual to overcome writer's block? (BCoFs)

I think writing is the best way to overcome a writer’s block. I have had a severe one that lasted on and off a couple of years; that was when writing solely in Dutch and before I found WdC.

Since I am writing in English and have several blogs with prompts to write every day I have overcome the writer’s block. It activated my Muse every day for a year now.

I have tried everything before: leaving the writing altogether in the hope that when you return the Muse will be there, but that didn’t work at all. I tried different forms of art: mosaicking and sculpturing but that didn’t make me more creative at writing either. So I am very grateful to the different forums 30-Day Blogging Challenge, Blog City and Blogging Circle of Friends for prompting me every day.
Writing Dot Come has saved my life as a writer. I am now a published author in the English/American language as of this month because an American magazine published one of my short horror stories in their e-zine. I have been chosen to participate in the Rising Stars Project 2016-2017 with writing challenges to become a better writer. It’s all happening because I found WdC and buckled down.

I haven’t written in Dutch for a year because everything I write is in English now, but I find that writing in Dutch again is also a possibility in the near future. I am already starting with baby steps writing Dutch poetry again. That was not possible while having a writer’s block.

A writer’s block is also, in my case, an indication that certain periods in my life were still causing problems. Writing every day has helped in a therapeutic way as well. I was able to live through certain things which helped the writing back. And it helped me as a person. I think I have overcome the writer’s block with this past year of continuous writing 24/7 every day. I am so grateful for that.

Now, when I am feeling a little exhausted, like two weeks ago for the first time in a year, I try to write the blogs no matter what. My other writings were minimal during that time, but I continued because of the writing prompts. That helped in a great way. There is no hiatus in my writing any longer, I make sure of that.

I am a blessed person and a proud writer at the moment!*BigSmile*


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/910821-Blogging-Circle-of-Friends