*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911541-Doubt-compassion-and-burnout
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#911541 added May 29, 2017 at 8:58pm
Restrictions: None
Doubt, compassion and burnout
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Motivational Monday! Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, born on this day in 1859, once said: "Any truth is better than indefinite doubt." How do you relate to this?



I do not agree with this statement. Any truth? There are some ugly truths out there in the world I don’t want to be associated with. Indefinite doubt is highly unpleasant, but it surely gives room for searching, for contemplating, for creating. I’d rather be a stumbling searcher than a fixed fascist!



*Right*Prompt: We live in a time when science is validating what humans have known throughout the ages: that compassion is not a luxury; it is a necessity for our well-being, resilience, and survival. Joan Halifax. What do you have to say about compassion? What is your opinion of this quote?(BCoFs)

Compassion is the link between the self and the other. It is indeed highly necessary to evolve this trait since it binds us together as a people. Without it we don’t socialize, we don’t have empathy; we are not capable of loving another. It is the glue that holds us together. In this day and age with technology taking over a lot of the social interaction like through social media networking, it is paramount we keep finding ways to make real meaningful contact with one and other. Compassion fuels that desire.



*Right*Prompt: “Burnout isn't being overworked or not getting enough rest. Burnout is job-induced depression.” Eric Barker, Barking up the Wrong Tree. What does job-burnout mean to you? How can a person deal with it? (BC)

Burnout is a big signal something is out of balance. You probably put too much into the job and get too little out of it. It drains energy, and it is highly dangerous for your well-being. To beat this you have to re-evaluate your priorities and ask yourself how to change things, be it in amount of hours you put into the job or your job description…is the job suited for you? Is there a way out of the status quo? If you don’t tackle the problem you can get very ill with all sorts of complications. You have to be aware at all times to avoid this.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911541-Doubt-compassion-and-burnout