*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911605-A-burger-memories-and-entitlement
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#911605 added May 23, 2017 at 5:17am
Restrictions: None
A burger, memories and entitlement
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
Talk Tuesday! What's the greatest fast food indulgence no longer available that you wish would come back and be something you can get at any time?

While I am reading this I am finishing a burger *BigSmile*. I am not supposed to eat it since it’s actually not very good for my health since I am a diabetic and have to be careful with what I put into my mouth. But I am also a little bit lazy so it’s just convenient food for me while needing lunch. If I want to do the right thing I know burgers and the lot are no longer available for me and I have to avoid it. I will start tomorrow. *BigSmile*



*Right*“The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.” ― Lois Lowry, The Giver. With Memorial Day approaching, I was curious what do you do in remembrance of those no longer with us? “Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.” ― L.M. Montgomery, The Story Girl. (BCoFs)

I think of my late mother, who died in 2000 and my late father who died in 2015. It is good to remember them so the chain of the family, of my personal history, is not broken. I talk to their photos in my house, perhaps, and light a candle in their remembrance. And I have some burning scent. That's about it, really.



*Right*Prompt: "When we think that we are automatically entitled to something, that is when we start walking all over others to get it." Criss Jami, Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality. What is your opinion on entitlement? Are we systematically entitled to some things we haven’t worked for, and what do you think about people who feel they are entitled to stuff automatically?(BC)

It’s not okay to just assume you are entitled to something. In a way, you have to earn it, by working for it or enabling it to happen. But you must put an effort in it to own up.

Entitlement: the fact of having a right to something. Having a right is a difficult concept. You have the right to live since you are born, but that’s about it…everything else is a bonus in a way. But working for something or towards a cause or preferred state does mean something nonetheless. You can hope for a certain outcome, but you must try to never take things (or people) for granted.

People who feel they are entitled to stuff automatically are perhaps a little bit egotistical and think they can just own stuff without much consideration for other people or circumstances. They put me, me, me, first. They can, therefore, overlook the needs and wants of others and that’s not an admirable trait. But it happens, so you have to know yourself and be considerate when you spot this in yourself.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911605-A-burger-memories-and-entitlement