*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911884-Just-an-update
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#911884 added May 28, 2017 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
Just an update...
I went to a memorial service for the mother of a friend yesterday. Although I've lived in my town for nigh on 30 years, the church was on a street I had never traveled before. It wasn't hard to find though and the area was interesting, secluded in the midst of a hubbub. The departed, Ruth, was born in 1912, yes, almost 105. My friend had written up a short memoir about her and although times were different, much was the same, growing up, school, love, death.... I never met Ruth but by all accounts she was a lovely lady, inside and out.

One of my cat stories is being published in an upcoming Chicken Soup for the Soul (August 8th). It's titled...The Cat Really Did That? I submitted it way back in January and never heard anything until April, then a couple emails saying I was in the "final round" and a few days ago the really good news that I would be in the book...very exciting.

We are finally getting some rain, enough to warrant grass cutting last Friday, and the forecast looks like June will live up to its history of being our rainiest month. I remember when we moved to Florida in 1978 in June and we had daily showers. They are real showers, sun one minute, rain the next, then sun again, not like in Delaware when it rains for a much longer period of time and is cloudy and depressing.

I hope everyone is having a nice Memorial Day Weekend, celebrating or not. I'm trying to decide whether to venture up to Jax to see my daughter. She just moved into a new apartment and I haven't visited yet...can't make up my mind whether to face the traffic and the highway construction that's always going on. Time for that second "thoughtful" cup of coffee.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911884-Just-an-update