*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912522-Present-oneself
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2000274
Simple stuff, really. Musing uncharacteristically challenged. BLog
#912522 added June 5, 2017 at 8:27pm
Restrictions: None
Present oneself
Disclaimer: Any person herein I refer to is in no way represented of by any real person.

Bullying. Yep, I am going there. I will express my opinion of bullying and admit I may be off the mark, so please, take my words with a grain of salt, so to speak. Let me say this: Live to fight YOUR fight another day. This should cover the harsher side of bullying.

I have a boss that is a bully and I have managed to work with him for nearly twenty years now. I've been mad enough to quite several time, but didn't. I know that it is difficult to think when emotional, so I make it a point to limit my responses when under duress. Lately, he has been being friendly and I have been listening as best I can. I know his people skills are directly proportional to what ever level of stress he perceives from moment to moment. I have watched him blow up on a moments notice on many an occasion. Here it is: compliment his ego non-aggressively. This is how I lasted so long in his department. Little things like offering the perception of trust will tweak his ego and I know this. Yes, not all bullies are the same.

Perhaps the hardest thing for me in dealing with my bully of a boss was to learn not to hate. Hate tears at the soul and makes for bad feelings. I feel that whatever emotions we present does effectively become us. Ooooh, the are all good lines! Okay, maybe not all, but there is something here to be worked with!

Okay, I wanted to scribble out a few lines on this subject and here it is. Perhaps someday I will do more. Feel free to add any comments or none. Thanks for reading and I truly meant no harm to any.
© Copyright 2017 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912522-Present-oneself