*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912966-What-it-takes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2000274
Simple stuff, really. Musing uncharacteristically challenged. BLog
#912966 added June 11, 2017 at 8:24am
Restrictions: None
What it takes...
Today is a big day. My first born son is heading out on his first mission trip 10 hours from home and will be gone all week. Poor boy! Life without most electronics will likely alter his views on life in general. It will do him good. Yep, no family with him either. It is a big day.

Yesterday, I found myself sharpening 144 pencils because there was a box of unsharpened pencils there. Now, they are all sharpened! Yay! It will be more difficult to find lost pencils that way.

I discovered while hanging a kitchen light (Three way) that I needed an extra hand to hold the light while I wire it up. It so happened that I had an 8" bolt with a hook on the end and realized it fit through the center of the light I was putting up and would hold onto the electrical box so I could free my hands up to wire the wires together. I should have taken a picture. I felt like a genius! No one in my home family was impressed so I called my Mom and she was dutifully impressed. Then, she said she had some wiring for me to do at her house. I am always up to help mom out but I was wondering if my moment of genius-ness was a quickly passing thing. My mom is the real genius!
© Copyright 2017 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/912966-What-it-takes