*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913474-Buying-a-Writers-Mansion
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#913474 added June 16, 2017 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
Buying a Writer's Mansion
Blog City - Day 1190

You decide to buy a horror writer's mansion, but what you find there is out of this world or is it?
I have always thought Stephen King's house would be just an average, run of the mill house, maybe a little bigger than what he started with, but normal. His mind may be a little warped, but his life looks normal enough. He may have a few odd 'toys' to remind him of the books that he has written, but they are all in fun.

If I think to someone like Mary Shelly and her time, I think gothic old halls and passageways. An environment that could help to conjure up that tale of Frankenstein. She herself would look the picture of Victorian normalcy, but the mind can be a many splendid thing.... or fantastically warped or whimsical.

Most writers look and act normal, whatever that is, but their creative outlet is truly the heart of what keeps them sane.... even if it is a little off center.
Personally, I would not want to buy a horror writer's home. My own imagination can conjure images and things that I don't need.... so I would be better off not buying their castoffs. I would much rather stay awhile in the surroundings of the writers I admire. The countryside of where Jane Austen lived her life or in the apartments of the expatriate like Hemingway, in Paris. That is more my style. Letting the old places infuse me with their creativity and inspire me to keep at it. Walking where they walked, seeing the sights they saw.... these are the things that are more my style.


© Copyright 2017 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913474-Buying-a-Writers-Mansion