*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914211-Thorn-weather-and-history
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#914211 added June 27, 2017 at 4:41am
Restrictions: None
Thorn, weather, and history
"Invalid Item

30-Day Image Prompt.

The city of Thorn, a fata morgana. Today, my boyfriend starts his 5 days long distance walk on his own. He left for a three-hour train ride to Thorn, also known as the White City. A city in the south of the Netherlands. After this three hours trip, he had to walk 20 kilometers before reaching his destination for the night. But he emailed just now that there were problems in Rotterdam, the train had stranded and it was unsure if there would be train traffic possible at all today. So I am waiting anxiously what he will do…continue his trip with great difficulties or return to me and start again tomorrow. I hope for the latter. But I will just wait and see what happens. In either case, it is really unfortunate to start his first day of his trip this way. You never know what will happen on the railroad in this country.



*Right* Turn on the local weather forecast and imagine the current conditions taken to the extreme. Write a blog entry about one aspect of it. Have fun with it. (BCoFs)

The current temperature today is 26 degrees Fahrenheit. A nice temperature. Taken this to the extreme as was last week, it would be 31 degrees in the sun. And very bright. Last week I walked 75 kilometers in 5 days in the heat. It was lovely in the dunes, extreme hot but with a nice wind. We walked and enjoyed our time outdoors. Unfortunately, I had a blister due to too small walking shoes. So I bought new walking shoes during the weekend. Last Monday I walked with those and my feet were okay. Very expensive shoes, but I had to buy them, and they will last probably for years so it’s a good buy. I love high temperatures since they are rare in my country. I hope this summer will be a good one with those high temperatures.



*Right* Prompt “History-writing is a way of getting rid of the past.” Goethe. What is Goethe trying to say here, and what do you think of history and historical fiction? (BC)

In writing on history, you try to work through the past and therefore go past the past into the present and sometimes into the future. You evolve and get rid of the past. I like this quote. You can learn from the past and resolve any possible conflicts or problems that way.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914211-Thorn-weather-and-history