*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914740-You-May-Be-Surprised
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#914740 added July 4, 2017 at 3:56pm
Restrictions: None
You May Be Surprised
I have had a very unusual fourth of July weekend, at least for me. My daughter's birthday was Saturday (the first) and hoping to avoid some traffic, I journeyed to Jacksonville on Sunday morning stopping at Publix first for flowers and a birthday card with other gifts tucked behind the backseat. Earlier Sunday morning and all Saturday evening I had to keep telling myself, "You can do this, you can do this" referring to driving in maniacal Jax traffic! I was just a little stressed out but maybe a good thing, keeping me alert and on my toes on my voyage into the unknown...always the description of Jax highways due to ever ongoing construction.

I made it to Erica's with just a few surprises, rights not lefts and lefts not rights, and in a pretty chipper state of mind, proud of myself. After getting acquainted with her new apartment, petting Ollie (her kitty), opening presents, drinking some water and making a pit stop, we decided to go to...tada...Hamburger Mary's for the brunch show. For those who may not be acquainted with Mary's here is a link to "her" Facebook page, Mary's  

I have never laughed so much, my face hurt from smiling! Dumb us, we didn't know they worked for tips and only had a few ones with us. Next time we'll do better. Yes, I want to go back. I have led way too much of a sheltered life! I'm not sure if there are Mary's all over, there are 2 in Jax and plans for a 3rd. Until Sunday, the only person in drag I had ever seen was Milton Berle, remember Auntie Mildred on Lucy? Anyway, it was a birthday Erica and I will remember for a long long time.

After that we did some shopping, way too hot for anything else. Steinmart's was icy cold and I bought several new tops. My local Steinmart closed a long time ago, not sure why, but I miss them. As It neared 6, my leaving time, my anxiety level started rising again but I had nothing to worry about. The construction actually worked in my favor, slowing traffic down to a moderate 60 mph. This was on I-95, definitely slow. After I got across the St. John's and headed west on I-10, I was fine and made it home in record time. Looking forward to my next new adventure...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914740-You-May-Be-Surprised