*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916064-Cooling-Off
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#916064 added July 24, 2017 at 3:49pm
Restrictions: None
Cooling Off
I'm writing this as I sit and cool off from working on the yard, cutting, edging and trimming today. The temp is 88 but the feel like is 98 degrees F. We have had 2 showers already but hopefully no more today. At 73 I can only work about 20 minutes at a time, then I have to come in and rest which is boring and aggravating. So here I am tapping the keyboard with yada yada.

I went to a Sunday program at the library yesterday, a refresher course for writers which was mostly punctuation and subject/verb tense agreement. We even had a test, 20 sentences, check all the correct ones. Correct ones were 0 which after getting to about the 12th one, I figured that out. The speakers name was Liz Coursen and she has around 12 books published on good writing. You can find her at ModernSpeaker.com if you're interested.

Tomorrow at 1 my writing group meets. I received my 10 copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cat Really Did That?   which has my little kitty story in it. I plan on giving 5 copies to my cohorts for listening to my million stories over the years. They deserve much more than that.

Back to it....
until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916064-Cooling-Off