*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915221-Blogger-of-the-month-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#915221 added July 12, 2017 at 4:29am
Restrictions: None
Blogger of the month entry
Blogger of the month July entry. (BCoFs)
Write a 300-500 word blog entry on the following subject. Send the link to me by Wednesday, July 12 @11:59 PM WDC time. "We don't have to sacrifice a strong economy for a healthy environment." Dennis Weaver Is it possible to have a strong economy and a healthy environment?

Yes, I think it's possible to have a strong economy and a healthy environment. The two don't exclude themselves but go hand in hand. It only takes a mental switch to think that way. A healthy environment means taking care of the earth and therefore taking care of pollution and omission. It means taking a closer look at work circumstances for people and take care of them. That all costs money and in the current mind frame that's a bad thing. But when you look closer to the issue at hand it is obvious that a better environment will benefit all in the end.

We think we have a choice now, a healthy economy or a healthy environment. They choose the first option nowadays, but very soon there will be no option left for us than to take care of our environment as well. Hopefully, it won't be too late by then.
Fortunately, there are all sorts of good initiatives already taking place: electric cars, solar panels on rooftops, eating less meat so the issue of cows producing unhealthy waist is diminishing, looking at regional labor where there are regional raw materials at hand and so forth.

It will take a while to get used to the idea that we only have one planet and that we will have to be very careful with the one we've got. In the end, I hope people will see that and come to their senses. A healthy economy means a healthy environment. So we have to divide our waste and recycle as much as we can. We must do something about all the plastics floating in our seas, and take care of our animals, species, and plants. Since mankind is around a lot of animals and species have been eradicated from the earth. That's a shame.

We should take better care of everything. Because we are only travelers on this earth, we don't own it. It's there for our use, but only if we are really careful with it, otherwise we will be distinct as a species soon as well. And we won't want that, now do we?!


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915221-Blogger-of-the-month-entry