*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915991-Sunday-News-Men-Are-Upset
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#915991 added July 23, 2017 at 3:11pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday News: Men Are Upset
Sunday, July 23, 2017


The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Recently, the popular and long-running British television show Doctor Who announced that a woman would be taking over the main character's role for the first time in its history, and naturally men are upset   about this decision (this particular article doesn't come right out and say it, but there are some pretty vile and vulgar responses out there...trust me *Wink*). When are men gonna finally understand that everything isn't about them, and that they have to share things and realize women are just as capable as they are...especially when it comes to acting?

Men Are Upset,
Deal With It

I don't see that a male being upset about a female Doctor Who is any big deal. I do resent the statement that "men are upset" since it's obvious that the males who are upset are immature because if they were psychologically and emotionally mature they wouldn't get upset about a female Doctor Who. There are some acting parts that only males or females can play, but Doctor Who isn't one of them. As the article pointed out, Doctor Who is a Time Lord, which means he-she can regenerate in any gender he-she damn well pleases.


I have no doubt that Jodie Whittaker will make an excellent Doctor Who. She may even be the best incarnation of Doctor Who there is or has ever been. No one will know this until she's been in the roll for a few episodes. Cultures across the planet are changing. In some cases the change is for the better, and in some cases, it's for the worse, but it is changing. We human beings have to get used to these changes, we don't have to accept them all in our personal lives, but we don't need to make public issues about them unless specifically ask what our opinion is on the subject. When as our opinions, we need to understand that they'r our opinions and not chiseled in stone.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915991-Sunday-News-Men-Are-Upset