*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916061-Motivational-Monday-Hills-and-Valleys
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#916061 added July 24, 2017 at 3:33pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Hills and Valleys
Monday, July 24, 2017

"I have spent my life judging the distance between American reality and the American dream."
Bruce Springsteen

The Motivational Monday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Ruth Buzzi  , born on this day in 1936, once said "Life has all sorts of hills and valleys, and sometimes you don't end up doing what you had your heart set out on, but sometimes that's even better!" When has something like this happened to you?

Hills and Valleys

It's motivational Monday again, and I'm climbing another hill. I'm ascending out of the valley of the weekend toward the Wednesday's Hill/Mountain. I won't know until Wednesday if it's a hill or a mountain. My life has been full of hills, mountains, and cliffs with ledges so narrow that I have to walk along them sideways with my back against the mountain. Sometimes I've slide down the mountain from a higher cliff to a lower one. At other times, it feels as if I have nothing beneath my feet and am free falling toward a river, lake, or empty swimming pool. I have survive all these tumbles and falls, but not unbruised.


I have survived
the falls and the stumbles
I have scars and bruises to prove
that I am a survivor.

What did my heart set on doing? I wanted to be married to a spouse or was it a house. I wanted, what I was taught was every women's American dream, a house, a husband, and two and one-half children. Don't ask how I would raise half a child, much less what I would tell the neighbors. When I was growing up, in Blackwell, Oklahoma, what the neighbors thought seemed to be more important then anything else. It seems that God, fate, or the universe had other plans for me because I don't own a house, I don't have a husband, and I gave birth to only one daughter (I gave her up for adoption).

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916061-Motivational-Monday-Hills-and-Valleys