*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916716-Virtually-Yours---Day-3---Caracas-Venezuela
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#916716 added August 3, 2017 at 11:02pm
Restrictions: None
Virtually Yours - Day 3 - Caracas, Venezuela
Backpacking S. America.


Blogging Challenge – Day 3 – Caracas, Venezuela

Aug 3rd
We’re going to be picked up at the hotel for the morning adventure at 10:00am.
Half-Day Historical Tour of Caracas Start your tour in the historic center, from Plaza Bolívar, originally called Plaza de Armas. It adopted its current name in 1883 on the hundredth’s birthday of Simón Bolívar. The four corners that surround the plaza are occupied by important buildings of big historic relevance as the Caracas Cathedral, the Government Palace, the City Hall, the Yellow House and The Capitol (Congress of Venezuela).

We’re going here after the tour Plaza de Altamira Great view to the Ávila Mountain
Tris is one of my favorite places to see the Ávila un Caracas. It is an amazing place with ole buildings and very close to great cafes and restaurants in Caracas to simply unwind a bit with a late lunch.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g316066-d318821-Reviews-Plaza_de_A...
Dinner is at the hotel or room service, rest up tomorrow will be a long day.

An overview: longish...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_aLwmQJOpc

A quick overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usUGQ-Fb1CY

Another historical walking tour. It dd not start until 10 am so I had time to rest and get in a little continental breakfast before heading out. I just hope today's tour is not an exact repeat of yesterday minus the trip up the cable car. That's okay, I am enjoying the walking though and things are pretty interesting. I am a little worried to go off on my own or even trying to convince someone to go with me.... so I stick close to everyone and enjoy the group. It is so great to be back with all these people.

Apondia shared some interesting information about the area. She's done her research. I also shared an article that spoke of staying with the known brands. It also referred to Caracas as the being once dubbed, the Paris of South America. I believe it got this name because "while hardships are all around, [it] remains a vibrantly Latin city where terrific art, food, and even fashion — not to mention superb coffee — pop up in surprising places. There’s a percolating cultural scene, and a smart young generation of artists and designers reshaping their hometown." This eased some of my worry buttons. Any place that has good coffee can't be that awful. *Bigsmile*
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/venezuela-vibrant-caracas-capital-idea-tra...

I particularly liked the cafés we stopped at to partake in some local goodies. The coffee was amazing - being in the coffee belt of the world is a very good thing. I probably over indulged, but that's okay, we are on holiday and am walking a lot. I also wanted to try something new. I am not super confident with trying new things, but I did try a few and got good feedback on what other people liked... or did not care for. I also got an opportunity to do a little writing and people watching. Too bad I don't know any of the language, but it was interesting to watch the body language and get the gist of things around here.

I had dinner in one of the hotel's restaurants - the Restaurante Sur Mediterranean, which featured authentic cuisine made with fresh local products. Risottos, pastas and a selection of grilled steaks, seafood and fish. I went for the steak... and the seafood. It was excellent. I probably overdid it again!

Later I changed into my swimsuit and got in a little activity that way. It was a great way to wind up my day and ease my sore walking feet. Getting used to all this walking is going to take some time. When I returned to my room I took a good, long shower, then I fell into bed so that I would be ready for whatever Lyn's a sly fox had in store for us tomorrow.

http://flavorverse.com/traditional-venezuelan-foods/

© Copyright 2017 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916716-Virtually-Yours---Day-3---Caracas-Venezuela