*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916803-Virtually-Yours---Day-4---Venezuella
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#916803 added August 4, 2017 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
Virtually Yours - Day 4 - Venezuella
Backpacking S. America.


Blogging Challenge - Day 4 - Venezuela

Aug 4th - El Ávila National Park Half-Day Jeep Tour
I’ve made special arrangements and we’re doing the whole day, spending longer time spans at the locales along the way. Dress comfortably because we will be walking too. El Ávila National Park, in north-central Venezuela, occupies a 200,000-acre mountain region that ranges in height from 120 meters to just over 2 meters. After 9am pickup from your Caracas hotel, you'll be driven to the highest point in the park, where you'll be able to walk and take in gorgeous views that contrast with the hustle and bustle of the capital. From atop El Ávila, you'll be able to see Caracas on one side and the Caribbean. Don’t forget your camera.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g316066-d12465496-El_Avila_N...
Dining enjoyment for the evening is El Alazan, it’s on the pricey side but highly reviewed and rated.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g316066-d792792-Reviews-El_Alazan-...
Even though it is basically famous for its varieties of meat you can also find an excellent quality of fish plates or pasta plates. The ambiance is very chic with lots of wood in the decoration. Besides all of that, the quality of the service is superb. You always feel pandered and like a preferred guest.


Oh, this is one tour I had looked into and considered, so I am excellently happy to take part. So excited about this adventure,in fact, that I was up early. Early enough to have time to swim before going down for breakfast. I chose the continental option. A few of our group were there. Lyn's a sly fox was sipping away at her coffee. I swear she was smiling as she sat there with her eyes closed. That woman loves her coffee and this is the place for it. I grabbed myself a cup and stocked up on many of the yummy treats before joining her at her table. We gave each other a little 'cheers' as we lifted up our cups. No words were needed. I had to laugh.

I am really glad she made special arrangements to make this day a full day instead of a a half day. It allowed us to take our time and really get a sense of the countryside. I loved being out beyond the city limits. It was a little cooler up here and definitely fresher. Despite the elevation, I was able to breathe really well. The lushness was divine and the views... oh, my.... I took so many pictures I thought my camera would explode.

I was almost sad to return to the heart of the city, but with all the walking and the fresh air, I was famished and my feet could use a rest. Tonight's restaurant was a bit pricy, but it was worth it. I enjoyed a fish dish. I was hoping to keep things on the healthier side.... but the cocktails I had with it were not so 'healthy', but they went down smooth and fine... and they made me forget about my sore tootsies.

I made sure to take another dip in the pool before heading back to my room for a good, long shower and my comfy bed.

© Copyright 2017 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916803-Virtually-Yours---Day-4---Venezuella