*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918308-Celebrating
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#918308 added August 23, 2017 at 8:20pm
Restrictions: None
Celebrating
My critique group met yesterday and since we had a couple things to celebrate, we had dinner as a group afterwards at a local restaurant, very nice. One of our members had published her memoir, On the Road Again by Sue Coffman Dudley, and Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cat Really Did That? came out on August 8th with my story, The Cat That Wouldn't Hunt. Both books are available at Amazon and other places. We even had a champagne toast! Of course, I forgot to take pictures.

I've been painting again, acrylics now instead of watercolor. I really like watercolor, but I never know what I'm going to end up with...it has a mind of its own. So I found this Youtube site that I can't say enough good things about, Ginger Cook Live on Youtube  . I haven't signed up yet for the lessons but I have followed a couple of the Youtube presentations, done the paintings, and was very happy with the way they turned out. I've never tried acrylics before, oils a long long time ago. Oils take way too long to dry for me so I lost interest and went to watercolor. I posted the first one I attempted on my offsite blog, Connieann's Corner  . It's under the page "Sketches and More" if you have time to take a look.

I bought a little student's starter acrylic set at Hobby Lobby for $12.95 and a 6" x 6" canvas for around $3 (it was on sale) and that's what I used to paint the sunflowers in a vase still life. I definitely had $16 worth of fun!!!

Today was back to reality of mowing the grass. I am soooo looking forward to cooler weather.

until next time...connie

© Copyright 2017 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918308-Celebrating