*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916792-Just-do-it
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#916792 added August 4, 2017 at 7:34pm
Restrictions: None
Just do it....
I find adding to my blog is mainly a matter of getting started. I don't think a lot about it because thinking about something is not doing it....so....

Thursday my Life History Group met with eleven of us around the circle. We meet in our local library branch on the first Thursday of each month. The group resulted from individuals who took a "writing your life history" class which used to be free and held at the library also. But now it is taught at our community college for a fee. I took the free class back in the spring of 2014. Anyone from the class is urged to join the Life History Group and most do. We range in age from 40s to 80s and come from all walks of life and all places far and wide. That's why our stories are so interesting.

At each meeting we are expected to have written a new story about anything we like and about five minutes long, orally. It's very rare someone will come without a story, but it does happen, and that's okay too. We're all friends and eager to make new ones. Even though we are a diverse group, we almost always can identify with each other's stories. For instance, this Thursday one told about being embarrassed by her teacher in second grade, another wrote about the terrors of mattress shopping, someone else related the good and bad of his first job, another wrote of their amazing hot air balloon ride (a one and only happening), and girl scout escapades, Christmas newsletters, a lady's voice going from alto to tenor in the choir, how to learn to swim, and caring for a mom were topics shared by others. So you can see how we all can identify with each other and somehow that deepens our humanity, a good thing, I think.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916792-Just-do-it