*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920931-A-Harvest-Tale
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#920931 added September 26, 2017 at 1:18pm
Restrictions: None
A Harvest Tale
Tuesday, September 26, 2017


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1776
Weave a tale or poem using the following suggestions A Harvest: Moon, Gravestone, slippers, pipe and a glass of wine.

A Harvest Tale

At harvest time, Farmer Padraig MacDonald, called Paddy by his friends, made pumpkin wine1. On the night of the Full Hunter's Moon2 (also called the Harvest Moon), Paddy would carry a glass of wine to the church graveyard, there he would place the glass (Paddy had a drinking problem, so the glass was always empty when he got to the graveyard) on the MacDonald Gravestone. After placing the empty glass on the headstone, he would go home, put on his wolf paw slippers, light his corncob pipe, and pass out in front of the fireplace while consuming the rest of the pumpkin wine.

Usually Paddy would wake up in a few hours with the taste of pumpkin wine in his mouth and a hangover, but Saturday, October 31, 2020, was different. Maybe it was because the full moon occurred on Halloween night or the pumpkins were unusually large and odd tasting that year. Anyway, Paddy woke up about midnight feeling he needed to shave his entire body. So he got up, from his white La-Z-Boy® recliner and stumbled to the bathroom. He shrieked like a banshee when he saw his reflection in the mirror. Staring back at him was the face of a wolf.

Just as his mirror cracked, he heard the front door open. Walking out of the bathroom, he came face-to-face with is deceased father carrying an empty wine glass. "Well, Paddy," glared his father, "do you think you learned your lesson? Next year, if your neighbors don't do away with you first, make sure the glass is full of pumpkin wine."

Footnotes
1  https://commonsensehome.com/how-to-make-pumpkin-wine/
2  https://www.almanac.com/content/full-moon-october


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920931-A-Harvest-Tale