*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922210-Immateriality-and-Emptiness
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#922210 added October 16, 2017 at 1:27am
Restrictions: None
Immateriality and Emptiness
Immateriality and Emptiness

- "A wheel may have thirty spokes, but its usefulness lies in the empty hub.

A jar is formed from clay but its usefulness lies in the empty center.

A room is made of four walls, but its usefulness lies in the space between.

Matter is necessary to give form, but the value of reality lies in its immateriality.

Everything that lives has a physical body, but the value of a life is measured by the soul. "

-- Tao Te Ching - chapter 11

Value lies in emptiness -- a pot that is cracked and empty gets more service than the pot that is perfect and full -- when we are full of self there is no room for the realization of the Divine Breath. The more we are emptied of desire and its material attachment, the more we are filled with that Divine Breath. Full surrender of self leads to full realization of the Divine Breath of Love that is the substance of Being.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922210-Immateriality-and-Emptiness