*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922801-A-Fork-in-the-Road
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#922801 added October 27, 2017 at 2:04pm
Restrictions: None
A Fork in the Road
Friday, October 27, 2017

“The most fulfilling adventures happen when you start your journey without knowing where you’re going, because only then are you free to experience the unexpected detours you’re meant to take.”
A.J. Darkholme, Rise of the Morningstar

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1321
Use these words to spin a web of mystery--- detour, fork in the road, owl and one shoe. Have fun.

A Fork in the Road

"Which way," said Marshall bringing the car to a stop.

"What do you mean, which way?" Vera looked up from her smartphone, and glared at her brother. "I told you when we started, you go straight west until we reach Hooker. Then we turn left at the Quicky Mart, go to Las Vegas, Avenue, and turn right. Aunt Lora's house is the pink one on the right side side of the street."

"Vera," he frowned, "there's a fork in the road."

She sighed, "I'll get out and pick it up." She raised her eyes to look at the road ahead. "Marshall, did you drive through Hooker?"

"Vera, we haven't passed through any town, or saw any buildings since we left Uncle Harvey's."

"Let me check Google Maps.... Oh, Crap! My battery is dead. I guess," she grumbled, "turn right."

"I can't!"

"Why?" She looked up from her phone. Blocking the right fork was a large detour sign. Shaking her head, she opened the glove compartment and took out a book. "I guess we have no choice, but to go left." She opened the book and began to read. "Let me know when we reach civilization."

Marshall drove for about an hour before stopping again.

"Now what," she continued to read.

"Uh,... There's an owl in the middle of the road, wearing one shoe."

She looked up, and shook her head. "I think we're hallucinating. You don't suppose Uncle Harvey put some of his medication in those brownies he gave us?"



© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/922801-A-Fork-in-the-Road