*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923118-The-First-Thankful-Thursday-in-November-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#923118 added November 2, 2017 at 10:59pm
Restrictions: None
The First Thankful Thursday in November 2017
Istijlál (Majesty ), 18 ‘Ilm (Knowledge) 174 B.E. - Thursday, November 2, 2017

"Praise be to God, the hosts of the Supreme Concourse secure the victory and the power of the Kingdom is ready to assist and to support. Should ye at every instant unloosen the tongue in thanksgiving and gratitude, ye would not be able to discharge yourselves of the obligation of gratitude for these bestowals."
‘Abdu’l‑Bahá, Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l‑Bahá, 68: “O ye who are firm in the Covenant and the Testament!…”

This is the first Thankful Thursday in November 2017, it has been a while since I wrote a gratitude list in any journal or blog. I have said and read prayers of gratitude and thanksgiving, but I have not written down the things I am thankful for. ‘Abdu’l‑Bahá tells us we need to be thankful at all times, even though we can never discharge our obligations to give thanks to God for his blessing. I know that I am able to handle difficulties and tests easier when I both raise my voice in gratitude to the Almighty and list the things I am grateful to have.


Gratitude list for Thursday,
November 2, 2017

Today I am thankful...

01. ...that my story "Gertrude Plans Thanksgiving Dinner was one of the Editor's Picks in "Comedy Newsletter (November 1, 2017) - "Bingo, Flamingo, We All Fall Down!"
02. ...for fresh brewed coffee in the morning.
03. ...that, on November 1, I was able to write 1,773 words in "Introduction and Invocation for the first day of NaNoWriMo.
04. ...for the cafe mocha form McDonald's I had for breakfast yesterday.
05. ...that I found several items in the boxes Faye brought last month that brought back memories, which I can write about in "The World According to Snow
06. ...for the bottled water we have in the house because it tastes better then water out of the faucet. When the water taste good, I drink more.
07. ...that I have a working computer in the house. In October I went without a computer for fifteen days, I survived.
08. ...for the chocolate ice cream I had for a snack this evening.
09. ...that today I write 1,717 words in "Roses: Flowers of the Spirit for the second day of NaNoWriMo.
10. ...for the cool fall days we are experiencing here in Las Vegas.



© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923118-The-First-Thankful-Thursday-in-November-2017