*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924857-The-First-Sunday-in-December-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#924857 added December 4, 2017 at 12:50pm
Restrictions: None
The First Sunday in December 2017
Jamál (Beauty ), 11 Qawl (Speech) 174 B.E. - Sunday, December 3, 2017

Twenty-one days and counting, not to Christmas but, to my birthday. I will be 71 years young at 11:44 PM on the evening of December 24 (15 Masa'il 174 B.E.). I was a bit depressed earlier, however, that is passing. I think the brown study (I like this word better than blues). Two of my items, "Hidden Meanings on an Autumn Morning and "Of Snow and Miracles, first place in the contests. I need to edit them a bit, because I saw some extra words I didn't notice when I wrote them. I'll have to start reading the stories or poems over more than once when I write them for a contest.


"I hope that the people of the West may be illumined by the light of God; that the Kingdom may come to them, that they may find eternal Life, that the Spirit of God may spread like a fire among them, that they may be baptized with the Water of Life and may find a new birth. This is my desire; I hope by the will of God, He will cause you to receive it, and will make you happy."
‘Abdu’l-Baha1

Day by day the light of God is illuminating the citizens of the West. There are some, who may not believe this is true because of the hate, disunity, and other disasters that are occurring on Earth. However, these ar just signs of the change that is taking place. The denizens of chaos and darkness, seeing the rising light of a new day, rise up against the purifying light of dawn. Perhaps a better analog would be spring in the desert. When the spring sun begins to melt the snow on the mountains, the snow melt rushes down the mountain sides and fills dry creek or river beds. This causes a flood that carries away the debris of winter. This is the spring of a new age, when humanity matures and becomes united.

DAY 1845: December 4, 2017 Prompt: "Write about something you don't know. And don't be scared, ever." - Toni Morrison. What are your thoughts on this quote?

I finished the prose poem "Universal Peace. I, also, finished reading "Our Human Dream of Peace and Purpose"2, which partial inspired the poem "Universal Peace. The next article in the "God Speaks Again" series by Kenneth E. Bowers is "The Promised One of All Religions"3. My plan, when I started reading this series, was to write a poem inspired by the article or a quote in the article. The deadline to finish this series is March 21, 2018, which I may or may not meet depending on how long it takes me to write a prose poem or a line phased poem. It took me three days to write the first prose poem, that was when there were 86 articles in the series. As of today, there are 87 articles.

Goals for the week of 12/4/17-12/8/17
Posted at "Weekly Goals

*Box* Review a minimum of 4 items per day.
*Box* Write at least one short story for a contest.
*Box* Write at least one poem for a contest.
*Box* Port Housekeeping.
*Box* Computer desk housekeeping.

Footnotes
1  (From a talk, September 22nd, 1911, London, England; ‘Abdu’l-Baha in London’) quoted on Counsels and Explanations by 'Abdu'l-Baha -- daily readings for December 2, 2017.
2  http://bahaiteachings.org/our-human-dream-of-peace-and-purpose
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/promised-one-of-all-religions


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/924857-The-First-Sunday-in-December-2017