*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925353-Friday-Morning-in-Las-Vegas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#925353 added December 15, 2017 at 1:16pm
Restrictions: None
Friday Morning in Las Vegas
Istiqlál (Independence), 4 Masá’il (Questions) 174 B.E. - Friday, December 15, 2017

It is the third Friday of December 2017, with two more Friday's left in the month and the year. I purchase a $150.00 leg brace from the vein specialist because it is supposed to keep alleviate the swelling in my left leg. The brace works similar to compression stockings, and it lasts longer. I put it on yesterday when I returned home from seeing Dr. Reese. When I took it off, before going to bed, there was no swelling in that leg. I did find out that it is easier to put on sitting in the recliner than if I am setting in my walker.


"O maid-servant of God! Verily, all existence is [a book of] pages and tablets which utter the glad-tidings of the appearance of the Kingdom of thy Lord, the Supreme, the Great.

Observe the pages of the universe and discover the traces which appeared! Hast thou seen or heard in any of the previous centuries or generations that which is manifested in this Glorious Age? If the writings of the previous centuries, the middle centuries and the later centuries, be compared with that which is manifested in this single century, they will not weigh against it! nay, rather, they are as drops of water in comparison with the ocean. Magnified is He, who hath crowned this century with the appearance of His Kingdom!"
‘Abdu’l-Baha, Tablets of ‘Abdu’l-Baha, vol. 11

We are living in a glorious, a wonderful age, the likes of which has never been witnessed before. This is the age when Baha'u'llah, the Promised One of God, has appeared and revealed an ocean of knowledge. I like the metaphor, 'Abdu'l-Baha uses in this quote, about existence, the universe, as a book revealing the good news of God's Kingdom.

Goals Accomplished for December 11-15, 2017
posted to "Weekly Goals.

*BoxCheckB* Review a minimum of 4 items per day with one written by a newbie.
*BoxCheckR* Complete poem for "Invalid Item.
*BoxCheck* Finish latest poem/prose entry in "My Life Is A Poem.
*BoxCheckR* Submit an entry, either poem or story, to at least one contest.
*BoxCheckB* Do a bit either port housekeeping and/or computer desk housekeeping this week.

It is Friday morning in Las Vegas, and I need to consider the goals I accomplished this week. I did a good job on all five goals, however, I could have done a better job on goal number five "Do a bit either port housekeeping and/or computer desk housekeeping this week." I need to do more than just a "bit" of desk and/or port housekeeping. Perhaps, instead of having two items, I need to make that one item so I can focus on either the computer desk or my wdc port. I think I need to focus on the computer desk this coming week.

Footnotes
1  Quoted on Counsels and Explanations by 'Abdu'l-Baha -- daily readings on December 15, 2017


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925353-Friday-Morning-in-Las-Vegas