*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925911-Looking-Forward-to-a-New-Year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#925911 added December 29, 2017 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
Looking Forward to a New Year
Istijlál (Majesty ), 17 Masá’il (Questions) 174 B.E. - Thursday, December 28, 2017

As the Gregorian year draws to an end, I contemplate the next three months, and the goals I have decided on for the period between January 1, 2018, and March 21 of the same year. I used to chose goals on January 1 for the year and then reevaluate them around Naw-Ruz (March 21). I got out of that habit a year or so ago. I have decided to go back to that method of goal setting, because it is the best way of accomplishing my goals.


In "18 for 2018 and Hope for the New Year of "Melting Snow, I set eighteen goals. After looking over them again, I am beginning to doubt my ability to accomplish any or all of them. I realized this after making another entry in Melting Snow, which is "Resolution Questions. This doubt creeping into my mind is one of the reasons I have difficulty accomplishing my goals. I turned 71, on December 24 of this year, I can no longer afford the luxury of doubt. Therefore, I need to set a plan to accomplish those goals.

I need to make sure I have a copy of these goals close at hand all the time. I, also, need to say a prayer of assistance for accomplishing the goals. The first thing I need to do is make a hard copy of those goals, so that I can review them every morning and evening, either before or after I say my prayers. The second thing is not to wait until January 1 to begin working on them. There are a couple of the goals that I can work on right now. I cannot start some of the writing goals until January 1; however, those I can start working on I need to start today.

I did an internet search on accomplishing goals, and there are several steps to achievement. According to the sites I found there are between fifteen and four steps for achieving goals. I settled on a sight that give six steps. 6 Steps to Accomplishing Your Life Goals and Resolutions1 lists those steps as follows:

1. A deep desire to accomplish the goal.
2. Visualize myself accomplishing the goal.
3. Create an action plan for accomplishing the goal.
4. Write down the goal.
5. Establish times for checking or evaluating my progress in accomplishing the goal.
6. Review my overall progress on a regular basis.

Action Plan for January

Goal #6: "Participate in "I Write in 2018 on a weekly basis." On January 1, 2018 check "Spiritual Newsletter (December 27, 2017) and "Contests & Activities Newsletter (December 27, 2017) for contests to enter.

Goal #2 and #4: "Publish a collect of 12 poem from "The History of the Divine Feminine." and "Edit and rewrite "Scavengers, with an eye toward publication." Read "For Authors Newsletter (December 27, 2017) "Preparing to Edit or Rewrite".


Footnotes
1  https://www.thebalance.com/accomplishing-goals-resolutions-1919182


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/925911-Looking-Forward-to-a-New-Year