*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926749-Tuesday-Reflections
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#926749 added January 9, 2018 at 4:07pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday Reflections
Fiḍál (Grace), 11 Sharaf (Honor) 147 B.E. - Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tuesday Reflections on Becoming a Baha'i

Today, I read an article on BahaiTeaching.org1 by Liu Zhang titled "Difficulties and Faith: A Personal Journal about Becoming a Baha’i"2,which got me to thinking on my journey as a Baha'i. When I became a Baha'i, sometime in the late 1970s or early 1980s, I accepted Baha'u'llah because my intuition, gut feeling, told me this was the religion I had been looking for, for a long time. When I read the scriptures and prayers revealed by Baha'u'llah, I could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. In addition, two dream I had in my younger years prepared me for finding Baha'u'llah and the Baha'i Faith.


Thinking back, to the time I declared my faith, I realize how lucky and blessed I was to hear about the Baha'i Faith when I did. I have had tests and difficulties since becoming a Baha'i, and have turned to the scriptures and prayers to assist me in dealing with them. I will continue going to the sacred writings, even when I'm not facing difficulties, because that is the best way to remain firm and steadfast on my chosen spiritual path.

"O ye beloved of the Lord! Beware, beware lest ye hesitate and waver. Let not fear fall upon you, neither be troubled nor dismayed. Take ye good heed lest this calamitous day slacken the flames of your ardour, and quench your tender hopes. Today is the day for steadfastness and constancy. Blessed are they that stand firm and immovable as the rock and brave the storm and stress of this tempestuous hour. They, verily, shall be the recipients of God’s grace; they, verily, shall receive His divine assistance, and shall be truly victorious."
Abdu’l-Baha3

Tuesday Reflections on My 2018 Goals

I have started cleaning off my computer desk. Last night I placed most of the papers in a plastic laundry basket. I still have small pieces of paper, mostly receipts, on the desk to deal with. I will take care of those today, and then take the small six-sided jewelry boxes into my bedroom. After that I will place the laundry basket on the desk so that I can go through it. All I need to do is a little bit each day, and it will be finished before the end of the month.

Yesterday, I began working on Thunderbolt in "My Life Is A Poem, which is the only poem I started in 2017 that I haven't finished. I begin a story for "Project Write World, called "Cherishing Happiness", which I have to edit. I also started an essay for "Invalid Item, called "Icelandic Horses", that I have to finish. The only 2018 goal I haven't did very much work on is the survey goal, and walking around the block. I think the best way to deal with the survey goal is to pick one survey site each day and work on those surveys. Yesterday I walked outside, but not around the block. Today I'll just walk in the house, unless is stops raining and clears up this afternoon.

Footnotes
1  http://bahaiteachings.org/
2  http://bahaiteachings.org/difficulties-and-faith-a-personal-journal-about-becomi...
3  Selections from the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha, pp. 17-18. Quoted in "Difficulties and Faith: A Personal Journal about Becoming a Baha’i" http://bahaiteachings.org/difficulties-and-faith-a-personal-journal-about-becomi...


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926749-Tuesday-Reflections