*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927152-Going-out-in-the-cold
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#927152 added January 15, 2018 at 9:36pm
Restrictions: None
Going out in the cold...
My friend had surgery a week ago today and remains in the hospital, hopefully to be released sometime this week. She remains in good spirits and says she will need no more treatments.

It has been so cold here I have had to push myself to go to my normal outings. Book Club was on the 2nd and surprisingly over 20 of us showed up to discuss No One is Coming to Save Us, a book I very much liked. For February we are reading The Underground Railroad, which I have read before and enjoyed.

Yesterday, Sunday, I went to my Writers Alliance of Gainesville meeting to hear a local CPA speak on taxes for writers, very interesting and informative...if you're actually making any money from writing. There's always hope, though. We had several new members pay dues and several old ones renew (I'm the treasurer, in my 4th and final year now). We usually have our board meeting before our regular meeting, but yesterday we decided to meet afterwards at a local fast food restaurant and it turned out to be a good decision (even though they didn't have coffee, can you imagine that?). We pushed tables together in one of the outer corners and had our own little realm with fast food for those who cared to indulge, not a whole lot of other customers on a Sunday evening.

I ordered and received a new Kindle Fire last week and I'm having a hard time getting used to it. My old one did nothing but let me read books, no internet, no Alexa. I just need time I guess and must keep at it. I've promised my old one to a friend who has none.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2018 Happy April 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy April 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927152-Going-out-in-the-cold