*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928070-And-one-thing-led-to-another
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#928070 added January 30, 2018 at 6:57pm
Restrictions: None
And one thing led to another...
I was reading the Blogging Bliss newsletter, scrolling down, and noticed the first blog started out with Peeps for Champagne, and that reminded me...you know how that goes.

My husband once had a job as a champagne taster. Yes, he did. It was an upscale restaurant in Dover, Delaware, called the Dinner Bell Inn on State Street. It may still be there, I'm not sure, this was back in the 1960s. He was an Airman third class and I'm sure you know how poor that is so he took many part time jobs to pick up extra money.

When a table ordered champagne, his job was to pop the cork and taste a tiny little bit to make sure it was good, not flat, I don't know what else. And the funny thing was that he was almost a teetotaler, hardly liking any kind of alcoholic beverage. I think he worked there about two weeks.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2018 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928070-And-one-thing-led-to-another