*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927998-Motivational-Monday-Favorite-SongCalculated-Risks-Writing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#927998 added January 29, 2018 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Favorite Song,Calculated Risks, Writing
Monday, January 29, 2018


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1901
What is your favorite song? Why? Does this song motivate you? Does it bring back memories?

My Favorite Song

What is my favorite song? Ever since I was a child, and attended the Southern Baptist Mission in the Blackwell Heights, spiritual and gospel songs have been my favorite. Which spiritual song I like most usually depends on what's going on in my life. Different spirituals comfort and inspire me in different situations. Some of the songs, like How Great Thou Art, Battle Hymn of the Republic, and Amazing Grace bring back memories from my childhood.

Other songs, especially the Baha'i scriptures put to music, bring back memories of the day right after I declared my faith in Baha'u'llah. The three songs, that are Baha'i prayers put to music, are The Long Healing Prayer, The Fire Tablet, and Thy Name is My Healing. Lately the one that is my favorite (because I either sing or recite it all the time) is Thy Name is My Healing, I especially like Luke Slott's arrangement of that prayer.

The Motivational Monday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Actor Tom Selleck, born on this day in 1945, once said "I realized I really liked the screen. I knew it was a challenge, but I wasn't afraid of risk." What are your thoughts on calculated risks, and have you taken any when writing?

Calculated Risks

Have I taken any calculated risks with my writing? Yes, I take risks that I think may fail. However, I never estimate the precise probability of failure. When I begin a risky project I presume that there might be a fifty-fifty chance of success or failure. When I'm especially depressed the chance of success goes down. Depression normally doesn't stop me from attempting something, but it may move the success further away because of my tendency to procrastinate under depressed conditions.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1504
“Your calling is more powerful than your resume,” says Tama J. Kieves in the January 12, 2018 issue of Signature. In what ways can you imagine your writing to be more powerful than your resume?

Power of Writing

How is my writing more powerful than my resume? First, my resume doesn't have anything about writing on it. Instead, I have all the non-writing jobs I've held over the past decades (most in the last century). True, each of this jobs have an effect on my writing and my muse, but none of them have been had anything to do with the mechanics of writing, with the possible exception of writing the resume itself.

Second, I believe that every human being on the planet has, at least, one purpose in life. That purpose is to know and love God, which means expressing that love in a non-violent way to humanity. I emphasize non-violent because there are many people across the planet who appear to think that the only way they can show their love for the All-Knowing Creator is through violence. Knowing and loving God is the main purpose for our birth. After that the individual needs to practice whatever creative talents they are born with, which can be discovered through education.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/927998-Motivational-Monday-Favorite-SongCalculated-Risks-Writing