*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931439-The-Sunday-News-MarchForOurLives
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#931439 added March 25, 2018 at 12:04pm
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News: #MarchForOurLives
Sunday, March 25, 2018

March for our lives,
and the lives of our children.
March into the voting booth.

The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What's your take on the #MarchForOurLives events that have been happening all over the US today?

I think the #MarchForOurLives is a good idea. The young people of today are the leaders and voters of the near future. The need to start making their ideas and voices heard. If the only way they can make the adults, who, at present, are in charge of the planet, listen is may marching and shouting they have a right to do that. It is obvious that many of the people in elected positions care more for the money they earn from political groups bribing them paying for their votes then they do anyone else, even their own children or grandchildren.

When I was in school, my biggest worry was placating the local bullies. Now, in the twenty-first century, the bullies have guns. While the shooters (bullies) may be mentally unbalanced that is no excuse to shoot someone. Calling the shooters mentally ill or terrorist is a way for those in power to remain in power. The main causes of the school shootings, or any other mass shooting, are hate, prejudice, and anger. Until the majority of Americans, or the human species, accepts the concept of the oneness of the human species there will continue to be public murders in schools and other places.

The people participating in #MarchForOurLives are afraid for their lives and their future. They have a right to feel this way. They have a right to march, or to walk out of school, to express their fears and demand action. Those of use who are of age to vote need to listen to them and need to remember their fears when we go into the voting booth. We adults have to march with the young people; however, we need to make our march into the voting booth and vote for the people who care about protecting young people instead of those who want to protect the bullies carrying guns.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931439-The-Sunday-News-MarchForOurLives