*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932395-Pismo-Beach-Again
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#932395 added April 28, 2018 at 12:48am
Restrictions: None
Pismo Beach Again!
Date: Week of April 2nd


Locale:  Pismo Beach


         After spending a week in Schaumburg delivering a resident class, I somehow managed to be scheduled for a week in sunny Central California!  I was in Pismo Beach once again, and had looked forward to this class for some time.  Having been there in December, I knew what to expect with the customer, and the surrounding area.  Being there was a real treat away from our winter that continues to hang on.


         Once again the customer was Pacific Gas & Electric's Nuclear Power Plant at Diablo Canyon.  This time, I flew in and out of San Francisco so I could stop at Garlic World in Gilmore, California and get a braid of garlic.  But to get home at a decent hour, I had to take the red-eye from San Francisco to Chicago.  Needless to say, I'm still recovering from that...  *Smile*


         This class was on our newest 'Base Radio', and a small device called a Comparator.  These two devices work together in a radio system to repeat what is called 'voted audio' from several remote sites.  The students seemed very appreciative of information provided in the class.  I also did something I've started doing with classes I deliver over and over, and am very comfortable with.  I use the Powerpoint slides during the early stages of the class, then put them aside and use just the equipment and software to get learning points across.  This allows them time to operate the equipment/software themselves.  It was especially important this week, because they have strict requirements on accessing their system when it's 'live'.  Plus, there's not a high failure rate on this stuff, so it may be months before they get to access it again.


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Guiseppe's Cucina Italian Restaurant          https://www.giuseppesrestaurant.com/    Dinner was absolutely excellent.  There was an appetizer special that night that I had to try.  Zucchini Blossoms filled with a light cheese (I think it was Ricotta), lightly battered in a Tempura style batter, and deep fried.  As I said, it was excellent!  The whole meal and dining experience was one of the best I've had in recent months.


Photo's From Visit:


Fisherman's Memorial Fountain



In Closing
         I am home for the well deserved week off.  I am supposed to be working from home, but will most likely use it as a vacation week.  Spring is supposedly here, but it snowed tonight, so it's not really here yet..  However, I think I see a warming trend coming along.    Keep writing & Reviewing, and enjoy life!

© Copyright 2018 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932395-Pismo-Beach-Again