*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933785-Books-and-birds
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#933785 added May 1, 2018 at 9:05pm
Restrictions: None
Books and birds
I went to my book club today, discussing The Stars are Fire by Anita Shreve, a book I liked very much. In fact, I'm on my third one by her. She's all about women and how they find themselves, dig themselves out of a bad situation. Amost everyone liked it...we have one man in the our book club, and 29 women. You can guess who wasn't fond of the book. Next month is A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles, which also sounds very good. There were no copies left by the time I got to the library today so I ordered a cheap used paperback copy from Abebooks, hope it gets here in time, almost 500 pages. We meet again on June 5th. I'll spend all day tomorrow writing up my notes for the group.

My foot is healing nicely but it's a strange shade of green on top. It doesn't hurt to walk anymore and I'm glad of that, still need to cut the grass in my back yard. I've been listening to a chuck-will's-widow singing her tune. She visits a pine tree every evening and serenades me just at dusk. The birds sowed some blackberries along the fence line and I picked a few for breakfast a couple of mornings ago but the next day when I went out, they were all gone. Birds giveth and they taketh away.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2018 Happy April 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy April 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933785-Books-and-birds