*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935301
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#935301 added November 8, 2019 at 10:07am
Restrictions: None
Be in the Light - 1 John 1:5-10
1 John 1:5-10 tells us that God is light and that He is pure and holy. We read that there is no darkness or wickedness in Him. This is important for a follower of Christ to not only know, but to fully believe. It is in this truth that we can boldly come to the throne of Christ on our horrible days along with our good days. There is a confidence in this knowledge that truly allows us to believe that God has the very best for us while we face the storms in our lives.

This portion of Scripture goes on to tell us that we, as followers of Christ, must walk in the light. We must also be willing to admit that we are all still sinners. It is in this fellowship with Christ that we are able to overcome sin and it is important to notice that Christ does not seek absolute perfection in us in order for us to be sons of light and daughters of day. We, in our fallen nature, are able to walk in the light and come to the throne of God and be in His presence as children of God because of Christ's sacrifice.

Be encouraged as you read this and see that we can have fellowship with Jesus Christ daily, walk in the light, and do our best to obey His word even on those dark and stormy days. No matter what we are facing, God is light and goodness and love and that will never, ever change. So, as we live in His light and walk in that light, forsaking darkness, we are drawing closer, every day, to the holiness to which we are called to live.

1 John 1:5, AMP, says, "This is the message [of God's promised revelation] which we have heard from Him and now announce to you, that God is Light [He is holy, His message is truthful, He is perfect in righteousness], and in Him there is no darkness at all [no sin, no wickedness, no imperfection]."

Read all of 1 John 1:5-10 Amplified version here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+john+1%3A5-10&version=AMP
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935301